Saturday, November 6, 2010

Nosey Neighbors Be Gone!

Seriously??? Seriously???


I am close to one of the nosiest people out there. I'll be the first to look through a cell phone if left absently near me (I mean, don't leave it near me if you don't want me to snoop), I'll squint my eyes to try to read what your credit card balance is while I am in your kitchen and near your open mail......but at least I TRY to be sneaky about it. I think people would much rather have someone be like that rather than just blatantly, slap you in the face be with their nosiness! (yep - that's a word I just made up)


So I'm having some work done on my house this weekend - nothing major, just a little work done to the front porch. So as the folks are working away, my neighbor conveniently decides to walk her dogs.....or should I say let her dog run off the leash and over to the workers in my yard so that she can just "happen" to come over into my yard to get a closer look. (Yes little Miss Blondie - I saw your sly move) So I see all of this from inside my house, and it doesn't surprise me since she is like this all the time, and I am actually feeling the slightest respect for her since she is attempting to be sneaky - but at the same time I'm a little annoyed at her boldness.


So, the day goes on and by early evening the workers have cleaned everything up and have headed home. Dinner is in the works and suddenly the doorbell rings. And who should be at the door but Miss Nosey Neighbor herself! And so her attempt to be subtle was to ask if her husband was over at our house!!?? WHAT THE HELL?? I mean in all the 15 years that I've lived here I have never had her husband over, much less closed up in hiding so that she would have to go looking for him behind closed doors!!! Of course once my hubby politely tells her "No", all the while chuckling to himself about her not so subtle ways......she then takes the opportunity to start asking who did the work, how we knew them....and of course, the golden question "Was it expensive??"!!!


Now I'm not living in some Beverly Hills home, with a pool boy and gardener......so it's not like I'm spending millions every year on my home, etc. - but sorry if I would rather just make my home improvements without having to show the neighborhood an itemized spreadsheet!


So read this blog and listen to me ladies and gentleman.....nobody likes an in your face nosey ANYBODY.....so if you are going to creep on someone - do it the old fashioned way and just hide in the bushes or go through their trash!!





And that's the latest from Rebecca - keeping it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment