Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Strange Addiction.....or just crazy????

Seriously?? Seriously??

The latest in the reality junk t.v. on TLC is a show called My Strange Addition. I'm not sure if it should be called that or "I'm just crazy and desperate enough for money that I will show the world what a nut I am".  But then again, that title is a little too long for those modern, colorful TLC ads.

As much as I want to turn the channel when this show comes on, it is similar to a train wreck or car accident and I'm not able to turn away. Sad I know, but of course if I didn't watch it I wouldn't have something to rant about on here!

So let me recap a few of the episodes I have seen so far. We have the "semi-normal" ones with the young girls that are addicted to tanning....that are leathery brown and will regret these decisions when they are 50 and look like one huge age spot, but continue to tan up to three times a day. So although those are a little stranger than most of us, they don't even come close to some of the others.

Like the lady that is addicted to eating COMET!! Yes, the household cleanser that you use to scrub out the coffee stains in your sink or the mold from the corners of your shower. She sprinkles it into the palm of her hand a minimum of 10 times a day and uses her fingers like a kids Lickum stick in Fun Dip to dab up the Comet and lick it off her fingers. Now this woman has been doing this for something like 13 years, which has caused the enamel on her teeth to be eaten away and Lord knows what else has happened to her internal organs. Very close to her addiction is the young girl who is addicted to laundry soap (yes, she sees Cheer in a whole different way than the rest of us) and she also likes to eat bar soap. She will either soap up her hands while she is washing them and then LICK the suds off of them, or she will cut up bars of soap to eat them like Godiva chocolates. Now what I don't understand about either of these two females is what in the world makes them try this. I mean I can't think of one time in my life, even when I have been at my drunkest that I thought it would be a good idea to eat any kind of household, clothing, or body cleanser. So is that an addition, or are you just flat out crazy?

Then there is the lady that I can GUARANTEE you is crazy and not "addicted"....her storyline is that she is addicted to puppets. So you would think "Oh, she likes to collect puppets, or play with puppets"....Nope, this crazy bitch has a collection of puppets and one in particular that she drags EVERYWHERE with her. So she doesn't every truly talk to a person, she has her puppets do the talking. Again - this isn't an addiction...it's a crazy person that has convinced the writers of TLC to put her craziness in a weekly show and pay her to show the world what a person who needs to be on meds looks like. Much like Kate did with her and her 100 children?? Hmmmm.....maybe TLC should invite Kate to be on this show.... or maybe the Queen of crazy, Sarah Palin could just nix her boring ass show about Alaska and be the weekly star of this quality garbage show!

So I could go on and on about all the different episodes and the varying crazy people that are on there, but if you need a good laugh, or just want to be reassured that you are far more normal than your momma ever led you to believe...then tune into TLC on a Wed. night and watch the loons in front of the camera.

And that's the latest from Rebecca....keeping it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment